Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy birthday to me!

Another one from Bakerella's site that I have been wanting to try for a long time. I have to be honest and say that I have never had red velvet cake before. I know! I figured what a better time to try it for the first time and make it for the first time, than my birthday!

Bakerella has the best recipes ever, and this red velvet cake just looked so scrumptious and soft, and man, when it was done, I was sure glad I chose her recipe! Look how pretty the red looks.

Matty taking pictures of me frosting the cake. 

You would never know the red is underneath lol. 

But goodness that looks good when you cut into it. YUM! 

So pretty! 

It was so yummy and it was a perfect addition to my wonderful 24th birthday. I had a lot of fun making it, and I learned what I would do differently next time. It is definitely not as pretty as Bakerella's, but I'd like to think it tasted just as good ;-)

Here's the post I got the idea from:


Bakerella, I did enjoy my heart out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment